This is a wallet card that entitles the holder to an unlimited number of trips, providing the card has sufficient credit. This is ideal for frequent travellers, who benefit from its ease of use and cheaper fares.
Where can I use the travel card?
- On long-distance buses within Malaga’s Metropolitan Area.
- On local buses in Málaga, Alhaurín de la Torre, Benalmádena, Rincón de la Victoria and Torremolinos.
- On Renfe’s suburban train service – the card can be used to purchase tickets (single, round trip and ten trips tickets) from the machines located inside the train stations.
Temporarily and for technological reasons, Travel Card will be only used in the vending machines to buy single, round trip and ten trips tickets, and may require an additional cost of 50 credits for the support in which they are issued the tickets (“Renfe y tú” card). With Travel Card you cannot reload a “Renfe y tú” card, which you can only load in cash or with a credit card.
- On underground trains in Malaga, Seville and Granada.
- In those areas of Andalusia covered by other Transport Consortia (interoperability), where the fare system operated by each individual consortium will be applied.
Journeys made using the travel card may be divided into stages. Any stage after the first will be counted as a transfer providing:
- The passenger has not exceeded the time limit established for transfers to be made.
- The passenger is not travelling on the same bus used in the previous stage of the journey.
- The next stage of the journey does not exceed the number of fare crossings for which the passenger’s card is configured.
- In the case of several passengers travelling together, their number is not greater than it was during the previous stage.
- No transfer restrictions exist between the service used in the first stage and the one to be used next.
In addition, passengers on EMT local services in Malaga may change buses free of charge from the second stage onwards within a maximum of one hour starting from the beginning of the first local bus stage.
Transfer costs may vary in accordance with the mode of transport used for each stage of the journey – see our section on Fares.